Categories: Entertainment

Ban Nigerian Movies from Ghanaian Stations – Miz Debbie Reacts to Bimbo Ademoye Saga

Published by
Innocentia Nana Adwoa Amoako

Ghanaian media personality Miz Debbie has called on Ghanaian television stations to ban the airing of Nigerian movies in reaction to a complaint from Nollywood star Bimbo Ademoye.

In a video reaction to Bimbo, Miz Debbie said this is a great opportunity for Ghanaian stations to prioritise Ghanaian movies to help revive the dead local industry.

Nigerian actress Bimbo Ademoye on Tuesday angrily criticised Ghanaian television stations for airing her movies without permission.

She said, despite attempting to work out an amicable solution to the issue, the stations were not dealing with her in good faith as they kept stealing new content. Ademoye called on the authorities in Ghana to work to solve the issue.

Miz Debbie jumped into the fray and slammed Ademoye. She asked her to be grateful that the stations are even promoting her movies!

Ademoye replied by dragging Miz Debbie and making a direct plea to Sam George, Kafui Danku, and others to intervene on her behalf.

Via her latest response, Miz Debbie said Ghanaian stations should give Ademoye what she wants and ban the airing of her movies.

Debbie said she’s been fighting for this outcome for a long time, and if this is what Nigerians want, then they should be obliged.

“Ghanaian television ban them, stop showing their programmes. Don’t show their content. This is what we’ve been fighting for,” she said. “I was in Nigeria just recently, January and February this year, I did not see any Ghanaian content on tv. Since you people want to drag it this way, no problem,” she added.

Authorities respond

Despite Miz Debbie’s staunch opposition, Ghanaian authorities pledged to fight the copyright theft being exposed by Bimbo Ademoye.

The Minister for Communications, Digital Technology and Innovations, Honourable Sam George, replied to Ademoye’s post by pledging to get the relevant authorities to take action.

Kafui Danku, the Executive Secretary of Ghana’s National Film Authority, concurred. “My management and I are working on putting a stop to this. You should see definite actions in a couple of weeks.”

Meanwhile, Omoni Oboli, another Nigerian actress, cried out about her movies being stolen by Ghanaian channels as well.

Recent Posts

Nana Agradaa’s Father Speaks For The First Time After Daughter’s Arrest

The father of Ghanaian fetish priestess turned woman of God, Nana Agradaa also known as…

6 days ago

Homeopathic Practitioners Association of Ghana Congratulates New Acting Chief Executive Officer of FDA—Professor Kwabena Frimpong-Manso

The Homeopathic Practitioners Association of Ghana has enthusiastically congratulated Professor Kwabena Frimpong-Manso on his appointment…

6 days ago

Kennedy Agyapong Will Not Get Even 30 Percent If He Becomes The Flag Bearer- Nigel Gaisie

In the heat of who is the better candidate between two NPP bigwigs and competitors;…

6 days ago

I Was Kicked Out Of The House At Midnight For Stealing Money- Mabel Okyere

“Aha y3 kwan ho” Hitmaker, Mabel Okyere has taken Ghanaians to the past, stating that…

6 days ago

I wrote “Goodbye” in my mother’s kitchen- Sarkodie

Ghanaian rap enigma born Michael Owusu Addo but known in the entertainment fraternity as Sarkodie…

6 days ago

I Have Not Touched The Money Davido Gave Me- Ananzo

Ghanaian TikToker, Eugene Ananzo Junior has refuted claims that he had already spent the $5,000…

6 days ago

This website uses cookies.